Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New Year! 2008


Greetings everyone! :D

It's a new year full of great oppurtunity to be used by God! This year is going to be good, I just know it! I am praying for all of you to be blessed and used by God in someway! :D
Before the new year, around Christmas time; my grandpa asked my brother and I to help him with a task. We took a couple bus loads of people to this Christmas party at Boise Bible College. The majority of the people were black. A father and his son were from Baghdad, Iraq and there was two girls along with their brother from Burma/Thailand! Yes this is amazing! Many of the black people were kids. It was such a great privelage to be able to minister through our actions! Also many of these (maybe even all) are refugees that have come here and some many are Muslim. I was able to talk with the Thai girls about Thailand and Burma. It was such a blessing from God to begin a friendship with them.
As the eldest girl Juletanna, who is 16, and I talked she mentioned that we may never see eachother again. I asked her if she had myspace, or email and she did not.
Then she told me she had a telephone number. Hesitantly I asked for it and placed it in my cell phone. I did not know if they were able to give out their numbers or not? She asked where I lived and if I go to church. I told her that I go to Central Assembly church.
She said "I would love to go to church, but I have no way of getting there; I would have to walk a long way."
Then a thought popped into my mind, "would you like to go to church with me?"
"Yes!" She said.
So the next day I was able to pick up her, her sister Ramona, and their little siblings; who are 3 and 5 years old. We all crammed into my little green bug and headed off to church.
I tried speaking some Thai to them and that gave them great joy! :D haha, but it probably sounds different than it should.

I plan on taking them to church and ministering to them to the best of my ability, but I need God's help and prayer from others! This is such a wonderful opportunity God has given me! :D

If you could keep them in your prayers that would be great. I do not know if all are Christian or not. But the two girls are. They all live with their mom.

...TigerLily*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn has sent you a link to a blog:

Great blog entry Rachael. Will be praying for you as you become big sister to these kids. Also enjoyed your insights on Gramma King - you are an angel! But then it runs in the family I think.