Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What God is Speaking...


Usually every Tuesday and Thursday morning Nate, Marv and I have prayer and worship... Today, As we were worshiping, I felt this heaviness on my chest, more intense than usual..it was heavy! I usually move around a lot when I worship and kind of dance in place? If you want to call it that?! haha Anyway, and I couldn't move because the heaviness was so intense. I couldn't even open my mouth to sing because there was this intense reverence and Awe in the room. I knew God wanted me to listen...He spoke to me two things:
1. With patience comes suffering and endurance which produces strength
2. Desperate people change things


Those were the two things He spoke...
I shared these with Nate and Marv and then they had me pray. Nathan shared how he was reading yesturday in the Bible about Elijah in

1 Kings 18:41-46 (New International Version)
41 And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain." 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
43 "Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. 

"There is nothing there," he said. 

Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."
44 The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea." 

So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.' "
45 Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain came on and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. 46 The power of the LORD came upon Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

WOW!!! He continued praying even though results weren't happening immediately!!! He endured through the suffering of waiting and in all of that his faith was strengthened and his faith produced results!!! WOW!!! LET's Do that Celeste!

Continue praying and waiting upon the Lord! All of these things He has promised you will come to past because we do not put our trust in man but in a God who is faithful to those He has promised! He does not lie! He does not break covenants! Our God is faithful and someone we can trust! AMEN!!!

No comments: